Saturday, January 15, 2011

Louisville, Kentucky - Pub Food - Tilted Kilt

This is a relatively new restaurant chain that's working it's way across the country. My buddy Sean and I made a venture to it in Louisville on a nice, cold January day.

o Food Quality: B-
     Well, the food was solid. They marked their menu with items that were "unique" to the chain, which I personally love because it makes it easier to identify what to try. I had the Irish Nachos with a Sloppy Jane (shaved turkey with cheddar cheese and coleslaw on top, served hot). The Nachos were great. They were shaved potato "chips" that were fried (the REAL french fries) with nacho cheese, plenty of beef, and tomato on top. It was well made. The Sloppy Jane was pretty good. I liked the addition of the coleslaw to the sandwich but overall, not a hard sandwich to screw-up. Thankfully, they did it well but it won't go down on my best sandwich list either. Also, the portion size was plenty large enough that I left feeling extremely full.

o Atmosphere: A
     What can I say? Hot girls with mini-skirt like kilts and push-up bras leaves little to ask of the wait staff. Even though the place was large, it still managed it capture the pub feeling as well. There were tons of tv's with sports on all over the place. The only real negative was that the place was designed for maximum occupancy (i.e. large, open, seating areas). I personally desire small areas for eating. That's really the only thing that kept it from an A+.

o Price: B+
      The prices for the appetizers were in the normal range, between 4-8 dollars. The entrees were priced pretty low too, between 8-20 dollars. For the amount of food served and the quality of food, the prices are well placed. However, the drinks are expensive. About half of my bill became drinks and I only had two. I definitely wouldn't recommend drinking until you puke here, or you will feel sick in the morning when you look at the tab. Still, it wasn't all that much more expensive than most pubs, just a little north of average.

o Service: A+
     Again, hot girls with mini-skirt like kilts and push-up bras. Enough said. But they were courteous as well, memorized the order (always a good sign instead of having to write it down) and the food/drinks came quickly. Really nothing wrong here.

o Ease of Experience: A
     The entire system was pretty good. It was located down among a bunch of other restaurants/retail stores, so it wasn't like you had to venture into an unknown part of the city. The parking was adequate, although I can see it being pretty difficult on a Friday/Saturday night. Ordering was too easy as was paying. Really, nothing negative here at all. (Sidenote: tv's in the restroom, so you don't have to miss a moment of the game. You have to love that).

o Overall: A-
     Let me make my prejudices transparent, I love sports, I love drinks, and of course beautiful girls. This place combined all of that with good food and ease of access. So, naturally, the Tilted Kilt is appealing to me. The negatives: dining areas too large, drinks a bit expensive, food not best ever (but it IS consistent with the pricing). If you are looking for a good place to watch the game, I highly recommend the Tilted Kilt. If you're looking for a pub atmosphere with a kick or an inexpensive meal, this is a good place to visit.  It was a good experience.

Happy Eating,
Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment