Sunday, January 16, 2011

Louisville, Kentucky - Cuban - Havana Rumba

Sean and I were at it again, this time getting some Cuban. Here it goes:

o Food Quality: A
     That's right, here it is, the first A for food quality! Yes! I found one! The food was great! Had an appetizer sampler (empinada, tamale, something else) and they were all great. I really loved the additions to the tamale (some pork and onion) that just made it great. The other appetizers were really good too, especially with a sauce they added (didn't catch the name of it). For the entree I ordered the Cubano, a standard Cuban sandwich. It was fantastic. The meat was thickly stacked, the bread was touch hard for me but I was assured was perfect for Cubans (my first Cuban sandwich...yep). The sandwich was definitely great though and the portion size is great too, very large. I only ate half of the sandwich and brought the other half home. The rest of the menu looked amazing too, so I can't wait to go back and check out some other dishes. Also, their drinks were great too. I experimented with a couple of their mojitos and thoroughly enjoyed them all. They tasted great and came with real sugar cane too.

o Atmosphere: A-
     There are two halves of the restaurant. One half looks pretty blase, but the half where I was seated was great. The colors and wall decorations were fantastic and it had a great, lively, welcoming feel to it. Also, I was seated near a TV playing the NFL Playoff game. Anytime you can go to a restaurant and catch the game, it's a positive aspect. I loved the wall paintings and there were some cool details in the tables and seats that made it a nice atmosphere.

o Price: A-
     For the portion size you receive and the quality of food, the pricing is great! The appetizers ranged from about 6-10 dollars and the entrees from 10-20 dollars (give or take). As with other places I have been, the drinks were a little bit high for my taste, but the food was exceptionally priced.

o Service: A-
     The wait staff was courteous, helpful, timely, and professional. They were quick to answer any questions, knew their menu well, brought refills in a timely manner, and the meals came in time too. The only negative was getting the check, perhaps because we were in the back corner of the restaurant. However, they were quick to split the check for us, so it wasn't bad at all.

o Ease of Experience: A-
     The restaurant is not easily visible and off on a side road, which means you have to know where you are going to find it easily. This brings down the "Ease" score. The parking was sufficient. All interactions with the wait staff were easy and paying was simple too.

o Overall: A
     An excellent restaurant and I will be quick to recommend it to other people! I had an excellent experience dining here and am looking forward to returning. If you are in the Louisville area and looking for a Cuban place, I doubt this can be beaten. Great food, great atmosphere, good pricing, and an easy experience.

Happy Eating,
Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment